Diving with Seals - Farne Islands




When you are diving in water, you are basically visiting the water world where you do not belong. You do not want to disturb marine creatures and they do not want to come too close to us. We keep good distance and enjoy the experience.

Some divings; however, are not within this rule. 
Seal Diving in UK is one of them. 
Unlike most marine creatures, seals are soooooo playful. The moment you meet them (or rather they find you), you become their play mate.
Watch the video. You see what I mean.

The first time when I dived with Seals in Farne Islands, I could not believe what I was doing.
They were coming around me, playing with my fins, letting me touch their bellies or chins like puppies!! I had, by then, over 2000 dives (I'm still logging it, so it is not an estimate number but actual logged dive number) and that was my very first experience to become one of them!! I was sooooo excited!!! I did not want to come out from the water AT ALL!!!
It took me ages to finish my safety stop because they kept coming to me to play with me and pulled me down into the water. :D :D 

They are of course wild animal and very strong. When diving with them, you will have to be careful. You need to be gentle with them. As long as you are friendly to them, they will be even more friendly to you and gently invite you as their fiends.
That is an amazing experience for all divers for sure.

Dive Manchester organise Club Dive Trip to Farne Islands. This must be our regular trip every year.

Diving is FUN!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paralenz DiveCamera+ (Plus) - Uncover the True Colour of Water World

Hollis - No Limit - Strength & Comfort for Drysuits

Being Good Diver is not about Certificate. Let's Go Diving!