Which Diving Torch shall I choose?

When diving in crystal clear water with bright sun light in relatively shallow depth, you may not need to think about Diving Torch unless you plan to go out for Night Dive; however, even in such condition, colours will be lost in water as all divers know.
When you find some colourful fish, for example, it will be still beautiful without torch light. With the torch light, it will be even better!!

One thing for sure is electric devices and water do not like each other. Scuba Diving Torch has stronger body with good O-rings to avoid water to touch the battery (as you may already know). If you like camping or any outdoor activity in which you want to use torches, I would suggest everyone to get Diving Torch for that reason.

I have small hands, so I do not like to have big chunky torch. I love to have smaller handy torch. My husband is not. He likes chunky heavy torch, feeling more "Big Boy" torch.
I show you 3 different torches from the same manufacture.

Military is a Big Boy torch. 1500 Lumens with very solid body. My husband likes it. 
Very good strong torch at about £125 is a big bargain I think. Rechargeable battery as well. Burning time is about 1-2 hours according to the manufacture info. It will be more than enough for recreational diving.

Whale is a middle size torch with 1000 Lumens. Great Back up Torch size with brightness of primary torch. For my hand, it will be a good fit for recreational primary torch. 1000 Lumens will be bright enough for night dives. Rechargeable battery with 2 hour burning time. It is great.

Here is my favourite torch of this year. Guppy. Look the size of it!!! Soooooo cute!!! And 600 Lumens with this size!!! 1-1.5 hour burning time with this size and brightness will be super great backup torch. (Personally, I don't mind using it as my primary for holiday diving.)
I was very surprised with the brightness of this baby torch. The only problem will be that I must be super careful not to loose it!! 

10 years ago, 1000 Lumens meant £1000. Nowadays, 1000 Lumens about £100. Great progress we had in the last 10 years. 
Well, let's see what we are going to get in the next few years. Even bigger surprise may come!!

www.divemanchester.co.uk








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paralenz DiveCamera+ (Plus) - Uncover the True Colour of Water World

Hollis - No Limit - Strength & Comfort for Drysuits

Being Good Diver is not about Certificate. Let's Go Diving!